Hydroelectric power stations currently generate around 20% of the world's electricity needs. Global forecasts for the medium term indicate that global energy needs could only be satisfied by a combination of various sources including renewable and fossil fuels.
Therefore, the demand for hydroelectric power – the most tested and developed form of clean energy – is likely to grow.
The benefits of hydroelectric energy
So far, only around 30% of world’s hydroelectric resources have been exploited.
Compared to other energy sources, hydroelectric energy offers a number of major advantages:
- it is one of the most consolidated forms of energy production
- water is a renewable source of energy
- hydroelectric power makes a major contribution to reducing emissions and slowing the greenhouse effect
- hydroelectric power is a clean form of energy and does not deposit any toxic waste in the environment
- hydroelectric power generation is economically efficient, and unaffected by fluctuations in fossil fuel prices
- the construction of ecologically compatible hydroelectric power stations creates jobs for local people and supports the economy of the areas where they are located
Sorgent.e's hydroelectric offer
Hydroelectric energy was the first form of renewable energy in which Sorgent.e began to invest, becoming a global operator able to act as :
- Promoter and Investor thanks to Sorgent.e S.r.l. and Sorgent.e Management S.r.l., acquiring control shares in hydroelectric projects, participating this way with its own “equity” to the execution of a number of plants.
- EPC Contractor thanks to S.T.E. Energy, performing the construction of turnkey plants all over the world.
- New technologies supplier thanks to MJ2 Technologies, a company by Sorgent.e, holding the VLH international patent – new generation integrated turbogenerator – able to exploit heads even up to 1.4 m